lunes, 7 de junio de 2010

"Let me go"



It's been such a long time since I let my heart go wild.
And so I let it carve your smile on my mind.
I fell so fast and so strong in love with you, but you didn't.
I was tired of the fast lane and the simplicity of this world,
I wanted magic, and there were you.

You changed myself into a kid, you were like a miracle
to my eyes.
But you didn't feel the same way, even though I felt you
did somehow.

I lived my life trying to be a better man just so I someday
would deserve that angel that I've been praying for so long.
And the day I met you I thought that was you.
My heart is broken into shards of crystal so thin that they
could go through the eye of a needle.
And I died.

I gather my fragile soul and body off the ground,
put them together and once again walked with my head
held high and my chest full of hope.
And you came again.

Crashing my calmness, devastating my peace. You, my
sweet-sour you.

I was ready to live my life for you. Make your happiness
mine. Make your eyes my starry night and your lips my
fortress and temple of faith and glory.
I was ready to be your knight in shinning armor, ready
to protect you like my life depends on your fragility.
I was ready to take you away, up into the sky and bring
you down the moon and the stars, use them as candles
and give you dinner and a dance that would make the
night endless.

I was ready to share my world with you. But you are not,
so if there's one thing I might beg of you as a last favor
out of pity, that'd be that please!!! Let me go!!
Every word from you just reminds me that I'll never
have you. Every picture of you is like water for a man
lost in a desert. Every smile of you is like a star, I cannot
reach much less touch.

All this wouldn't be so difficult if you, my miracle, wouldn't
have never let me touch that star. Your hair was like silk
to my touch. Your breath like air and gave me life. Your
perfume a drug that kept my hands around you.
This wouldn't be so difficult if any of those things would
have never happened. But you did.

So please, take this chains off of my wings. This mask from
my fangs. Put off this fire that burns inside me, and; unless
you are ready to let me be your shield and refuge, let me
spread my wings and fly away.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario